Prince Charles and Prince William were behind Prince Andrew’s royal expulsion

Second and third in line to the throne, Prince Charles and his son William, encouraged the Queen in her decision to ruthlessly exclude Prince Andrew from the royal family and force him to relinquish his HRH title, it said. reported on Friday.

the Daily Mail and the Telegraph both reported that William and Charles had a significant hand in Andrew’s brutal defenestration, which took place during a 90-minute meeting with his mother at Windsor Castle on Thursday.

Charles was in regular contact with the Queen by telephone from his home in Scotland, but William was at Windsor Castle on Wednesday, and it is believed he spoke to his grandmother in person about the extremely sensitive issue of the future of ‘Andrew outside the royal bosom.

the To post quoted a source as saying the father and son duo played an “instrumental” role in the dramatic move, while the Telegraph said the decision was made with “input from other members of the Royal Family, including the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge”.

It also emerged that Andrew had been summoned to his mother’s private chambers at Windsor Castle to be told the bad news in person. He tried to bring his personal attorney, Gary Bloxsome, into the private hearing with him, but Bloxsome, who has been dubbed “Good News Gary” due to his reported tendency to always paint a bright picture of his prospects to Andrew , was not allowed. to attend the meeting, and was forced to wait in the parking lot.

Andrew’s final excommunication from royal life came in a generally concise statement released by the Queen after a New York judge dismissed her latest attempts to have a civil case against him dismissed by Virginia Giuffre. Giuffre accuses him of raping her three times when she was 17.

How best to insulate the family from Andrew’s legal troubles has been the subject of intense discussion within the family for weeks, amid fears that lurid claims about Andrew’s sex life will overshadow celebrations of the platinum jubilee this year to mark the Queen’s years on the throne.

Ultimately, the To post reports, it was decided to follow “the same model” as in the case of Harry and Meghan, where rather than having the HRH legally removed, they were simply asked to stop using it.

“They made this decision to prevent the institution from being hit by all the flying shrapnel,” a source said. “It follows the same pattern as the separation from Sussex. The removal of titles and patronage now allows the institution to legitimately say that it is not involved. It was a ruthless and swift decision which will have been recommended by the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge and sanctioned by the Queen.

Another source cited by the To post said: “She loves Andrew and that doesn’t mean he’s no longer her son. But a decision had to be made as it overshadowed everything the family did and his upcoming platinum jubilee. Everyone will feel very relieved that he was finally cut adrift. It may even help him to have more clarity in the fight against the affair.

the Mail correspondent Richard Kay said the role of ‘national executor’ fell to Prince Charles after the death of his father Prince Philip, but said he ‘did not act alone’ and was supported by the Prince William who “recognized the risk to the royal family”. ‘ good name posed by his uncle.

Sources close to Andrew tried to describe the move to The Daily Beast as a resolution agreed between Andrew and the Queen rather than something “forced” on him.

In the same vein, the Telegraph quoted a friend of Andrew’s as saying: ‘I sincerely believe that in the long run this will turn out to be the Duke’s Independence Day. It was almost impossible for her to do anything without worrying about harming the monarchy or her mother. It was really the only viable option available to him. If he’s learned anything in the past two years, it’s that if you’re a member of the royal family, falsely accused of heinous crimes, it’s nearly impossible to clear your name. If he says nothing, he is accused of hiding behind his mother’s skirts, and if he speaks, he is a victim of shame. He now has the latitude to clear his name as a private citizen.

The outlet added that Andrew’s ex-wife Sarah Ferguson ‘helped persuade him this was the only way to go’.

Virginia Giuffre took to Twitter on Friday, writing that she was “pleased” that her “case against Prince Andrew” was “moving forward”.

She added: “I am happy to have the chance to continue to expose the truth and I am deeply grateful to my extraordinary legal team. Their determination helps me to seek justice from those who have hurt me and from so many. others. My goal has always been to show that the rich and powerful are not above the law and should be held accountable. I am not walking this path alone, but alongside countless other survivors of sexual abuse. and trafficking.”

.

Leave a Comment