Happy Tuesday, neighbors! Let’s start this day. Here’s everything you need to know in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny and cloudy weather. High: 62 Low: 46.
Here are the best stories in Los Angeles today:
- Joe Trader’s Los Angeles Robber Turns 21 (City News Service)
- Betty White’s death unrelated to COVID recall, agent says (Hollywood Patch)
- LA County faces delays in ambulance response to 911 calls as COVID-19 puts strain on employees and hospitals (KTLA)
- How to Get a Free Los Angeles Home COVID Test Kit (Los Angeles Patch)
- Women directors are losing ground in Hollywood. Progress in other roles is freezing (LAist)
- Betty White’s favorite meal at Pink’s Hot Dogs continues – and profits go to help the animals (LA Daily News)
- LAUSD demands COVID testing as districts grapple with wave (Los Angeles patch)
- Flight cancellations and delays continue at LAX (CBS Los Angeles)
- UCLA and UCI start winter semester courses via distance learning (CBS Los Angeles)
Today’s Los Angeles Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells – discover their full line of smart home products on Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping to shake up local news in Los Angeles!
- Unified Los Angeles: “Unified Families of Los Angeles: The first day of spring semester for all K-12 students will now be Tuesday, January 11, 2022. For more information on our Spring 2022 policies, please visit Achieve.lausd .net / spring2022. “(Instagram)
- Mayor Eric Garcetti: “Know your status. Get tested. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19, you can get tested for free at locations in LA County. Testing is available weekdays and on weekend.” (Instagram)
- Unified Los Angeles: Los Angeles Unified now requires COVID-19 baseline testing for all students and employees, regardless of immunization status, before the first week of returning from winter vacation. All students and employees will be required to have proof of a neg … “(Instagram)
- LA County Museum of Art: “Take a look back at the best of LACMA 2021! Find exhibition soundtracks, art-inspired cooking demos, behind-the-scenes artist tours, relaxing art conversation videos and more in our 2021 rundown. Read more at the link in our bio . “(Instagram)
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Missing Persons Unit investigators are asking for public assistance in locating at-risk missing person Yaxin Zheng. A 48-year-old Asian woman was contacted for the last time on December 29, 2021. ” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles City Park Rangers: “The famous Ranger Tom makes an appearance! A park boss reported a Ranger and handed him a young Vaux Swift that was stuck in the water after the heavy rain. The bird was handed over to our flora and fauna expert, Ranger Tom. “(Instagram)
- Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation: “Over the weekend one of our #LACounty natural areas received a weekend giveaway! At Devil’s Punchbowl, the park received over 10cm of snow and covered the entire area! Swipe to view some pictures! ❄️☃️ ”(Facebook)
- Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanical Garden: “Happy Monday! Enjoy this walk with us through our Aloe Trail. This garden showcases the beauty and diversity of African plants. The Arboretum is open daily from 9am with the last entry at 3:30 pm . ” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles, CA – Lost Dogs, Cats & Pets: “Please spread the word! Doki was LOST on December 31, 2021 in Los Angeles, CA 90063 near Cesar Chavez Ave & Michigan Ave, East Los Angeles Owner’s Message: We miss Doki very much! please help us find it! ” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Make your New Year’s resolution to become a better speaker with Speakers by the Sea! (January 5)
- Musical and artistic performance inspired by the zodiac (January 8)
- 5K / 10K Run / Walk benefiting the WeSPARK Cancer Support Center – January 30 (January 30)
- Add your event
Do you like the Los Angeles Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today! See you soon.
– Paige Austin
About me: Email: email@example.com Phone: 714-721-1222